If you are interested in any of the below positions email work history to Chris Gerardy at [email protected]
Concession Stand Attendant: Pay $7.50/hr, hours vary (M-F 5PM-11PM; Saturday-Sunday 8AM-10PM). Must be able to use cash register, must be at least 16 years old, lift minimum 25lbs, and be available most weekends from March 25th through July 1st.
Field Crew Worker: Pay $7.50/hr, hours vary (M-Thur 1PM-6PM; Friday 1PM-11PM; Saturday-Sunday 7AM-11PM). Must be able to work outside, must be at least 16 years old, lift minimum 50lbs, and be available most weekends from March 25th through July 1st.
If you are interested in becoming a BC Baseball umpire please contact Chris by email at [email protected] with your umpiring or baseball experience.
Becoming a BC umpire:
1) Attend training class
a. There will be 2 chances to attend in the winter
b. One mid season training session will be held
2) Obtain appropriate uniform
a. Umpire shirt, hat, grey pants, black shoes, black belt, indicator, plate bag, plate brush
b. Have approximately 10 games to begin figuring out plate gear usage
3) For league basic understanding of rules and positioning
4) For Tournament above average understanding of rules/positioning
5) Need to be able to handle intense situations
6) Pays $25/game (raises are possible each year)
7) League night Monday-Wednesday, tournaments Thursday-Sunday
8) Starting out will work with a veteran umpire, mostly games 12U and younger
9) Evaluated constantly as the year goes on
10) Must always present self professionally, an umpire is the face of our organization